How to recover a burnt pan (without too much effort)?

Cleaning a burnt pan with baking soda and white vinegar

We start by pouring a little water into the saucepan, adding half a glass of white vinegar and 1 tbsp. tablespoon of baking soda. Place the pan over a very low heat and let it heat for around ten minutes. Empty the contents into the sink and gently rub with a sponge to remove the excess. The combined action of bicarbonate and white vinegar normally dissolves the burnt residue. Finish by rinsing with clean water. Good to know, this method works best for burned stainless steel pots and pans.

Cleaning a burnt pan with lemon

The citric acid contained in lemon is very effective in recovering burnt pans, especially cast iron ones. Pour the equivalent of 2 tbsp. of lemon juice in the burnt pan to recover. Add a little water and boil everything for at least five minutes. Then simply rub so that the burn goes away, and rinse with clean water. For really tough burnt pan bases, don't hesitate to repeat the operation a second time.

Cleaning a burnt pan with Coca-Cola

There's no more lemon in the fridge, but Coca-Cola? No problem, pour a little liquid into the bottom of the pan and heat for twenty minutes. Empty the pan into the sink before scrubbing gently. So does coke have any magical power? Not at all, Coca-Cola, like lemon, is simply composed of citric acid. No wonder it also works in the case of a burnt pan!

Cleaning a burnt pan with ashes

For the happy owners of a fireplace or wood stove, it is possible to give a second life to the ashes. Cover the bottom of the pan with the ashes and add a little water to obtain the texture. of a dough. Heat the pan for a few minutes over very low heat. Finally, just wipe with a sponge and you'll find a clean pan.

The case of bleach

Cleaning burnt pan bases with bleach, particularly for its corrosive effect, is a very bad habit to ban. It is strongly recommended not to use bleach in the kitchen, especially for items that come into contact with food. Heating water with a capful of bleach is even more so! The heat will create toxic fumes that are very dangerous for the respiratory tract. Please note that bleach has no cleaning action, but simply a disinfectant. Better to use white vinegar, its natural equivalent, just as effective and inexpensive!

Similar Posts